Welcome back, dearies! Today, I’d like to talk about an issue every writer will face – writer’s block. How does one fight it? How do I fight it? Is there any way to prevent it totally?
There’s simple solutions to this, why don’t I make a list?
- Go take a quick walk – nature might slap you with inspiration!
- Take a nap – dreams cause inspiration, right?
- Play some games – video games help me, but board games are also acceptable
- Move around – change your environment, move to the kitchen instead of your desk
- Listen to music – sometimes it’s good to have a writing playlist (mine is video game music)
- Freewrite – set a timer for 10 minutes and just write whatever comes to mind, don’t lift your pencil or focus on anything else.
- Read some quotes – I have a section in my writer’s notebook of quotes to keep me motivated
- Call a friend – talking about what you’re working on can help!
- Try reworking your plan – make new ideas with bullet points, maybe you’ll figure something out about that plot hole!
- Relax – it’s not the end of the world if you’re not writing, take a deep breath, I believe in you.
I really hope this will help some of y’all out there. I get writer’s block so frequently, but I figured I could help some other writers! And if you think I could’ve added something else, let me know! I can make an updated version in the future.
Follow me on Twitter (camillelgh), Instagram (cam.lgh), and check out my podcast on Spotify, Anchor and Apple Podcasts! If you like my work and would like to support me and future endeavors, donate on my Ko-fi!